In-Tank Inspection with Pumping
· Locate and uncover the inspection ports of the septic tank(s) and pump out the contents to inspect for structural integrity.
· Perform a water load test to observe and monitor flow through the system to identify visual flow impediments
· The disposal field will be inspected for visible evidence of surfacing sewage, proper vegetation and surface drainage and exposed pipes. (Distribution and disposal field lines themselves located beneath the surface are not excavated to look for content or defects)
· All system components: lids, baffles, pumps, alarms, control boxes, spray heads, chlorinator, filters, switch valves, backwash equipment, vacuum breakers will be inspected for visible defects, operability and setbacks.
· All components will be run in normal mode. If a component is not accessible it will not be inspected.
· Inspector will issue a written inspection report
· An Open Records Request will be made to the licensing authority. Any records provided by this authority will be attached to the report.
Resale Inspection $ 360 - 425
Locating/Uncovering lids $ 25 per 15 minutes of digging
Pumping $425 base price
Price based upon gallons pumped
Call for pricing on your particular system! If you don't know your tank size we help you get your system records from the governing authority
Please communicate when scheduling if there are site restrictions such as low hanging limbs, curved driveways, steep inclines, or improvements over tank lids.
Verify the pump truck can drive within 100 feet of the septic tank and the grade to the tank is 30 feet or less.
(The truck is approx 14 feet high and width of a UPS truck)
If tanks are not accessible a $195 minimum truck fee will be charged which includes 30 minutes of digging.
** Client ensures water and electricity are on, underground utilities within 10 feet of the tank are marked (Rainbow Septic cannot be responsible for damage to improvements installed within the required 10 foot setback), and tanks are accessible.
** Pumping prices include 1 hour of pump time. Due to distance and grade additional pump time may be needed and will be charged at $25/15 minutes.
** In the event the septic tank(s) are not accessible, located or pumped the inspection will be performed. The inspector will write a report noting access issues. In addition to the inspection fee, a $195 minimum truck fee will be charged, (this fee covers up to 30 minutes of searching/digging)
**Adding water to empty tanks to facilitate the inspection will be charged at $25/15 minutes.
** A $275 inspection fee will be charged for each additional system or grinder pump on the property that is inspected
** An additional $225 inspection fee for greywater system
** Reinspection fee is $175-250
** Although pumping to inspect for structural integrity of the tanks is highly recommended, there are times our clients choose not to pump at the time of inspection. If so, client is responsible for location and uncovering the lids(s) to the septic tank(s) prior to the inspection. Please let our office know your wishes at the time of scheduling.
**Cancellation fee of $200 for appointments cancelled without 24 hour notice